The short answer is "Yes", as long as you have your Metrc API key added to your account.
Simplifya currently sends notifications to users via email and their employee dashboard 30 and 60 days prior to their license's expiration date. In the near future, we'll offer basic reporting and notifications for Managers, giving them an overview of soon-to-expire badges.
How does it work?
Once you've added your API key, Simplifya makes a daily call to the Metrc API and gets the list of Occupational Licenses for all employees stored in Metrc. Note: If not all employees are stored in Metrc, you won't have the most accurate overview of your badge holders.
Have users claim their badge numbers
Simplifya provides you a unique company URL you can share with all employees. This will allow your users to attach their occupational license numbers to their Simplifya user account. To have users start claiming badges:
- Enter your Settings module and visiting the "Basic Info" tab
- Copy your unique Company Badge URL
- Share the URL with employees via email or your dashboard notifications feature
Upon visiting the URL, employees will be required to add their badge number and sign in (if they aren't already).
For employees not on Simplifya (yet)
Users who don't yet have a Simplifya account can still claim their badge numbers. But before the badge is attached to an account, they'll need to go through the set-up process.
When a member of your company who isn't on Simplifya yet claims their badge:
- The Administrator will receive an email asking to add the user to the company
- Upon clicking "Add User" in the email, you'll be directed to a screen where you can add the user
- Set the user role (Employee or Manager) and the locations you'd like the user added to
- Once added, the new Employee or Manager will receive an email directing them to create a password
To learn how to add your Metrc API key, view How do I add my Metrc API key to my Simplifya account.