Simplifya's SOPs module has two sections (aka sub-modules) within it. This article walks through the purpose of each sub-module in detail.
At its simplest, here are the differences between the SOPs sub-modules:
- "Manage SOPs" is where SOPs are created, edited, and assigned to team members
- "Assigned SOPs" is where you can review previously conducted and newly assigned SOPs
The "Manage SOPs" sub-module has two key components. The first is the "Create New SOP" button. Haven't made any SOPs yet? Here's the article explaining how to create an SOP.
The second is a list of all your existing SOPs. The list includes important details about each SOP you've created, including:
- SOP Version: When you create a new version of an SOP, Simplifya tracks the version number (new versions are automatically incremented).
- Effective Date: For Simplifya-created SOP templates, the effective date is the date the relevant regulations went (or go) into effect. You can also choose to use this date to mean the date you'd like your company to begin using this SOP. Learn more here.
- Total Tasks: The number of tasks you've added to the SOP (not including section names)
- Current Assignees: The number of users assigned to this SOP (includes expired AND active assignments)
Click on an SOP in the list to edit its contents. Users who are the Administrator or Managers can edit any part of an SOP (SOP Name, header fields, tasks, and effective date).
The "Assigned SOPs" sub-module serves as the way to filter and review past SOP assignments. For the Administrator (who can see all assigned SOPs) and Managers (who can see all assigned SOPs at their locations), it's the best way to evaluate employee performance and deep dive into how well operational SOPs are being followed.
For Employees, "Assigned SOPs" is a way to view past SOPs assigned to them. As of March 2018, users can also re-open an SOP after its due date.
There are five criteria that can be used to filter through assigned SOPs (all of which can be used in conjunction):
- By location
- By assignee
- By frequency
- By SOP name
- By date
When reviewing assignments, the "Progress" column gives you a quick glance as to how many tasks on an SOP have been completed. If the "Progress" column says Not Performed, that SOP has either not been opened or no progress has been saved by the assignee.
The progress column gives you the total tasks and the number completed
In addition to the "Progress" column, pay attention to:
- Due Date: The date which the SOP is assigned for (all SOPs automatically lock at midnight on the morning after their due date)
- Completed Date: The date on which the user last completed the SOP (via the "Save & Complete" button)