In Simplifya's SOPs feature, you can assign any of your SOPs to someone on your team to conduct and complete on a recurring basis. This is an easy way for you to make sure your company's SOPs are being followed and also creates a historical record.
This article will cover how to assign an SOP to a user on your company's Simplifya account. Looking for something in particular? Skip ahead:
Creating an SOP assignment
An "assignment" refers to a range of dates within which an employee is responsible for conducting an SOP. There are two places where you can create an SOP assignment:
- The Manage SOPs screen: On the Manage SOPs screen, click the "View Details" link on an SOP. In the slider pane that opens on the right, click the link.
- When viewing the SOP: When you're viewing an SOP, scroll down to the "Employees Assigned" section (under the SOP header fields) and click the "Assign To User" button. You can also see all past and existing assignments for this SOP here (screen below).
View existing assignees or add new ones in the "Employees Assigned" section beneath an SOPs headers
After clicking on either of the above options, a modal will open where you'll be prompted to select:
- Location: The location where you want the SOP to be completed
- Employee: The employee you want to be responsible for completing the assignment
- Frequency: How frequently the SOP should be completed (more details on this below)
- Start/End Dates: This will determine how long the assignment lasts.
- Save to this version / Save to new version: If a newer version of this SOP exists, you have the option of assigning the current version ("this version") or assigning the newer version. This option will only appear if a newer version exists. If "Save to new version" is selected, the SOP assignment will be saved to the most recent version of the SOP.
Each assignment belongs to one user and one location.
There are three options for assignment frequency when assigning a recurring SOP assignment:
- Daily: SOP assigned every day
- Weekly: SOP assigned on one or more selected days each week
- Monthly: SOP assigned on a chosen date (e.g. 25th) or day of the month ("First Thursday")
The Start Date and End Date work in conjunction with the Frequency to determine when the SOP assignments are due. An SOP assignment is Active when the End Date of the assignment has not passed yet (i.e. the assignment End Date is in the future).
As an example, let's say Ryan is assigned an SOP named "Cash Counting" according to the following schedule:
- It's assigned every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday (i.e. on a weekly frequency)
- The "Start Date" is Monday, April 2, 2018.
- The "End Date" is Wednesday, April 18, 2018.
In the above scenario, the first day Ryan would have to conduct the SOP would be Tuesday, April 3 and the last day would be Tuesday, April 17. Between those dates, Ryan would conduct "Cash Counting" every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
|Tip: Don't set the end date of an SOP too far into the future. For example, an efficient approach when assigning SOPs that are done one or more times each week is to assign them as far in advance as your employees schedules go.|
Viewing and Updating Existing SOP Assignments
The only field that can be updated on an existing assignment is the "End Date"
All of the users assigned an SOP can be found within the "Employees Assigned" section of an SOP, underneath the header fields. An SOP assignment has one of two statuses:
- An SOP assignment is when its "End Date" is after today's date.
- An SOP assignment is when its "End Date" has already passed.
The "Employees Assigned" section of an SOP will list every individual instance of the assignment that has already occurred, and each instance can be deleted. Click on any assignment in the list of the assignments to view the details of that assignment. The details of an assignment are not editable, but you can change the assignment's "End Date" to today's date or a date in the future to extend the assignment. To re-activate an Expired assignment, change its "End Date" to today or a date in the future.
|Tip: Use the location dropdown within an SOPs "Employees Assigned" section to only see assignments of your SOP at a selected location.|