We've designed Simplifya SOPs so an SOP can be assigned on a recurring basis. Assigning on a recurring basis is a handy way to automate your SOP assignments.
Looking for something in particular? Skip ahead:
Creating an SOP assignment
An "assignment" refers to a range of dates within which an employee is responsible for conducting an SOP. There are two ways to assign an SOP:
- Using the green Assign icon next to each SOP in your list
- Using the "Assign To User" button underneath an SOPs header fields
View existing assignees or add new ones in the "Employees Assigned" section beneath an SOPs headers
When creating a new assignment, you'll be prompted to add: Location where it will be conducted, employee name, assignment frequency, start date, and end date. Each assignment belongs to one user and one location.
There are three choices for assignment frequency when assigning a recurring SOP assignment:
- Daily: SOP assigned every day
- Weekly: SOP assigned on one or more selected days each week
- Monthly: SOP assigned on a chosen date (e.g. 25th) or day of the month ("First Thursday")
The start and end date work in conjunction with the frequency to determine when an SOP should be completed. If an SOP meets the rules you set forth in the frequency and the SOP is active (today's date is between the start and end dates), the SOP will be assigned.
As an example, let's say Ryan is assigned an SOP named "Cash Counting" according to the following schedule:
- It's assigned every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday (ie on a weekly frequency)
- The assignment's start date is 04-02-2018 (a Monday)
- Its end date is 04-18-2018 (a Wednesday)
In the above scenario, the first day Ryan would have to conduct the SOP would be Tuesday, April 3 and the last day would be Tuesday, April 24. Between those dates, Ryan would conduct "Cash Counting" every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
|Tip: Don't set the end date of an SOP too far into the future. For example, an efficient approach when assigning SOPs that are done one or more times each week is to assign them as far in advance as your employees schedules go.|
Viewing and updating existing assignments
The only field that can be updated on an existing assignment is the "End Date"
All of the users assigned an SOP can be found within the "Employees Assigned" section of an SOP, underneath the header fields. An SOP assignment has one of two statuses:
- As assignment is when it's start date is before today's date and it's end date is after today's date
- An assignment is when the current date is outside of it's start date and end date
Click on any assignment in the list of the assignments to view the details of that assignment. Note that you can't change the employee, location, or frequency of an existing assignment, but the assignment's end date can be updated to any date that is today or greater.
To re-activate an assignment, change its end date to some date in the future.
|Tip: Use the location dropdown within an SOPs "Employees Assigned" section to only see assignments of your SOP at a selected location.|