Your “Location Overview” is your way to keep track of what’s happening at your facilities by:
- thing assigned to you
- things assigned by you
- and things assigned at your locations
Location Filter Overview
The main components of the Dashboard's location filtering include (numbered according to screenshot with more detail below):
- Location Filter
- Assignment Tabs
- Task Type Sub-menu
- Task Filter
- Item Display Options
- Task-specific Actions
Using the Global Location Filter
The default setting for the dashboard is to show all tasks at all the locations you’ve been added to. To filter your locations:
- Click “Filter Locations”.
- Click the “State” box to filter by all locations in one or several states.
- Click the “Location” box to filter by any or all locations within the selected states.
- To change or reset filters, click the "Filter Locations" button that appears when location filtering is in use.
Note: Selecting a state (e.g. "CO" and leaving the location field blank is the same as setting the location field to "All CO Locations".
The assignment tabs allow you to quickly see tasks, grouped by whether:
- they’ve been assigned by you ("Assigned By Me")
- assigned to you ("Assigned To Me")
- or by the facility in the assignment ("My Facilities")
These tabs are affected by the filtering options that you apply via the locations filter and the task filter. The name of each tab also has number next to it, representing the tally of the items found within each tab (based off current filters).
Note: Only Administrators and Managers will be able to see the "Assigned By Me" and "My Facilities" task tabs.
Task Type Sub-menu
The task type sub-menu shows you the given tasks by type for the current tab. The five task types include:
- Action Items
- Custom Tasks
- Document Types
Like the assignments tabs, each task type has a number next to it, representing the total number of tasks of that type for the current tab.
Using Task Filters
Use the task filter to further filter your overview by:
- "Assigned To” (or "Assigned By" when viewing tasking assigned to me)
- "Status" (Pending, Completed, Past Due, New)
Using these filters will allow you to hone down on assignments for specific users, or to generate a quick to-do list of upcoming or past due items.
Pagination and Item Display Options
Use the “Next” and “Back” buttons to move between the pages of compliance tasks. You can also change the number of items displayed on a page by changing the number between "Show __ items" ( options are 5, 10, 25, or 50 items per page).
Note: When choosing to show more items per page, it will increase the height of the tasks box and push any other boxes ("Licenses", "Compliance Activity") down the page.
By clicking the ellipsis menu you can take lots of different actions on a task. Options will vary depending on task type and whether you're the assignor/assignee, but options include:
- Re-open a task
- Duplicate a task
- In most cases, allows for changing “Assignee” and “Due Date”. Additional fields present depending on task type.
- Re-assign a task
- This will open a new module and allow you to choose a “User” and “Due Date”.
- Edit due date
- Delete a task
- Removes the task from the task list of all relevant users
In addition, every task has an "Open Task Details” button in the action menu, which will open up a details pane providing greater information about this task as well a button to view/visit the task.
Note: The task-specific actions are also visible when viewing the details of a task in the details pane.