The Newsfeed (found on the left-hand side of your dashboard) is a communication hub where you can see what’s been happening between your staff on Simplifya, as well as get updates from the Simplifya team.
Newsfeed Overview and Tabs
The newsfeed is comprised of three tabs:
The “Company” tab of your newsfeed is how to keep up with posts that people at your company are making.
Any user at your company can choose to create a post, and it will appear within the newsfeeds of all company users. In addition, posts can be commented on, allowing for dialogue to happen right on that post.
This makes the "Company" tab useful for:
- Company-wide announcements
- Team-member updates such as holidays
- Easy link-sharing
On the "Updates", Simplifya will provide a feed of non-critical updates. There are a handful of reasons we send you updates, including:
- Some of our regulatory content has updated and it affects one of your jurisdictions
- Recent and important news about regulatory coverage in your jurisdictions
- The release of a new feature into our web or mobile app
The “System” tab gives you contextual information about how your team has been operating in the system. Things logged into the "System" tab include:
- Assigned audits, Action Items, and SOPS
- Resolution or reopening of Action Items
- Third Party Audit requests and acceptance
- New (or deleted) locations and licenses
- New user additions
- Audits that have been finalized
Additional Newsfeed Functionality
The following functionalities are capable across all tabs in the newsfeed:
Commenting on Posts
Any post, Simplifya update, or system notification can be commented on, allowing you to keep the conversation in one place. Clicking the "comment" icon will show all previous comments and bring up a text box to add a comment to the current post.
To make things even easier, if a post has comments on it, you'll see a number next to the comment icon letting you know the total number of comments on that post.
By clicking the "share" icon (right of the "comment" icon), you can share the content of a post, update, or system notification via email. When sharing, you can:
- Select a recipient: You can either choose from a user on Simplifya or type in an email address from scratch.
- (Optional) Include a message: Having something in particular you'd like to say about the post? Do it here.
Once you hit "Send", the user will immediately be sent an email with the contents of your post, including your optional message.
"End of New Posts" Identifier
Lastly, each tab in the feed has an yellow bar indicating new posts since you're last login. All posts, updates, and system notifications above the "End of New Posts" line are completely new since your last time in Simplifya!