The "Manage SOPs" module is where, you guessed it, you manage all of your company's SOPs. In this module, you can:
- create, edit, view, and delete SOPs;
- create new versions of existing SOPs (to record material changes);
- create duplicates of existing SOPs;
- assign SOPs to team members for completion;
- view current and past assignees for SOPs you've assigned;
- edit SOP Templates that you've saved;
- and manage user permissions and access for your SOPs.
The list of SOPs in the Manage SOPs module
Your List of SOPs
When you first come to the Manage SOPs module, you'll land on a list of all your SOPs that shows following details of each SOP:
- SOP Name
- Category: You have the option of categorizing each SOP. This column will show the selected category, or will be empty if the SOP has not been categorized.
- State: You can make your SOPs only visible to users at locations in states you specify. This column will show the states where users have access to this SOP, or will be empty if no states are selected.
- Version: When you create a new version of an SOP, Simplifya tracks the version number (new versions are automatically incremented).
- Effective: For Simplifya-created SOP templates, the effective date is the date the relevant regulations went (or go) into effect. You can also choose to use this date to mean the date you'd like your company to begin using this SOP. Learn more here.
- Locations: You can make your SOPs only visible to users at specific locations. This column will show the locations where users have access to this SOP, or will be empty if no states are selected.
- Tasks: The number of tasks you've added to the SOP (not including section names)
- Active: The number of users assigned to this SOP (includes expired AND active assignments)
Actions You Can Take on This Screen
- Click on an SOP to open it in a new tab. This will allow you to manage all details of the SOP.
Note: Only Administrators and Managers can make changes to or delete SOPs.
- Use the search fields and filters at the top of the page to easily find the SOP you’re looking for.
- Create a new SOP by the clicking the Create New SOP button.
- Click the View Details link on an SOP to see details like: the date it was last updated, who made the update, links to previous versions of the SOP, current assignees of the SOP, and you can set the user permissions for that particular SOP.
- Click the Complete Now button on an SOP to perform a one-time “assignment” of the SOP. This is great for when you need to quickly create a record that the tasks of this SOP were performed.
- You can manage the settings of all of your SOPs by clicking the SOP Settings (gear icon) in the top right. This is where you can customize the user permissions and access for all your SOPs.