As of May 2020, Simplifya's Audits module gives you the ability to add your own audit questions.
Navigating to question manager
You can create and manage questions through the new "Questions" sub-module. To create a new question:
- Click the hamburger menu icon in the top right of the screen.
- In the slide-in navigation, select "Audits", and then "Questions".
- Click the "Add Question" button to create a new question.
To read more about viewing and managing your questions, see: Question Manager.
Custom question fields
Once on the create question page, here are the fields to fill out for your new question:
- Question Title: The Question Title will be listed in the question tree when conducting an audit, and will give auditors a way to identify and navigate to a question.
- Question: The text of the question which an auditor will provide an answer to. Note: You cannot have two questions using the exact same text.
- Action Item(s): When an Action Item is added, a remediation task will be created when a user selects the question’s non-compliant answer during an audit. A question can have more than one Action Items. All Action Items will show when a question is answered non-compliant. This is optional.
- For more details about Action Items, see: Action Items: Overview.
- State: The options in the state field include any states where the company has an active location or "All". If a state other than “All“ is selected:
- A question will only appear when auditing locations in that state
- A question can only be added to Question Groups matching that state
- Question Group(s): Question Groups allow you to isolate a subset of your questions for auditing. Only Question Groups matching this question’s “State“ state will appear in the drop down. This is optional.
- Category: Select from categories you’ve created. Questions will be grouped by category in the audit interface when conducting an audit and in audit reports.
- Answer: Select the possible answers for this question, and the compliance status for each. Any of the three answer choices can be configured to have the following compliance statuses: "Compliant", "Non-Compliant", "Pending".
- A question must have at least two answers selected in order to be saved.
- Note: Answers with a “Non-Compliant“ status will generate an Action Item if one has been added.
After adding all fields to a question, you can either save the question as a draft, or publish the question. See Question Statuses for more details.
Questions have two attributes which determine whether they can be pulled into an audit.
- Status: Possible options are "Active"/"Inactive". Questions start out as "Active" upon creation.
- Display: Possible options are "Draft"/"Published". Upon creation, a question can be saved as either, depending on the button clicked upon creating the question.
Note: When editing a question, the "Display" and "Status" fields will also show on the question view screen.
|In order to appear in audits, a question must be both "Active" and "Published".|
Only Managers and Administrators on the account can create custom questions. The following permissions apply:
- LO Administrators: Can attach questions to any state in which the business has a location.
- LO Managers: Can attach questions to any state in which the business has a location AND they are added.
- AC Administrators/AC Auditors: Can attach questions to any state listed in the “My Markets“ company setting.
For more about creating your own questions and Question Groups: