As of May 2020, Simplifya's Audits module gives you the ability to add your own audit questions.
Navigating to question manager
You can create and manage questions through the new "Questions" sub-module. To create a new question:
- Click the hamburger menu icon in the top right of the screen.
- In the slide-in navigation, select "Audits", and then "Questions".
- Click the "Question Groups" tab.
To read more about Question Manager and its components, see Question Manager.
Creating Question Groups
Once in Question Manager, click the "Add Question Group" button and fill out the following fields:
- Name: The name you'll use to find your question group in the "Question Groups" tab, as well as when adding Question Groups to an audit.
- Description: The description gives you the ability to add additional context about the purpose of a Question Group. This is optional.
- State: The state field determines which locations a Question Group can be used to audit. Additionally, it works in conjunction with the Question state attribute to determine which questions can be added to the Question Group. For more on adding questions to Question Groups, see: Adding questions to Question Groups.
- A Question Group will only appear when auditing locations in the same state as the group
- A question can only be added to Question Groups matching that state
After saving your new Question Group, your new group will be created and in "Draft" status. See Question Group Statuses for more details.
Question Group statuses
Questions have the following three statuses:
- Draft: A group goes into "Draft" immediately after being created.
- Published: Once a group moves from "Draft" to "Published", it can be added to Custom and Simplifya and Custom audits. Additionally, a group must have 1+ questions attached to it to be published. Once published, a Question Group cannot go back to "Draft".
- Unpublished: Once a group moves from "Published" to "Unpublished", it can no longer be added to audits. A Question Group can be published and unpublished any number of times.
|In order to add a Question Group to an audit, the status of the group must be "Published".|
Managing questions in your Question Groups
There are three ways to add your questions to a Question Group. They are:
- While creating or editing a question (see: Creating Custom Questions)
- Via the ellipses tab on a question in the "Questions" tab of Question Manager
- Clicking on a group in the "Question Groups" tab of Question Manager
|We recommend using the "Question Groups" tab to manage your Question Groups, as it provides the best overview of which questions have been added to the group, as well as the questions that can potentially be added to that group.|
Adding/Removing questions via the "Question Groups" tab
While in the "Question Groups" tab of Question Manager, click on a Question Group to view the its questions. Once clicked, a slide-in pane will appear with two tabs:
- Added. The "Added" tab displays all of the questions that are currently in the Question Group (the colored number next to the tab name represents the number of questions currently in the group).
- All Questions. The "All Questions" tab lists possible questions to add to the Question Group (the colored number next to the tab name represents the total number of questions that can be added).
To bulk add questions to your Question Group:
- Select the "All Questions" tab.
- Click the checkbox next to 1 or more questions. Upon selecting a question, the color of the "Attach to Group" button will change.
- Click "Attach to Group". All selected questions will be added. As a result, you'll now see the selected questions in the "Added" tab.
To bulk remove questions from the Question Group:
- Select the "Added" tab.
- Click the checkbox next to 1 or more questions. Upon selecting a question, the color of the "Remove from Group" button will change.
- Click "Remove from Group". All selected questions will be removed. As a result, you'll now see the selected questions in the "All Questions" tab.
Rules for adding questions to a Group Question
Not every question can be added to every Question Group. The questions which can be added to a group is determined by two factors.
- The "State" that has been added to the question
- The "State" that has been added to the Question Group
Generally speaking, if the states for both match OR the Question Group is more restrictive, then a question can be added to it. Here are examples of the possible permutations and their outcomes (i.e. whether the question can be added to a group).
Example 1: Question = "CA", Question Group = "CA"
The question can be added to the group. This is because the states for the Question Group and question match. The same would be true if the states of both were set to "All".
Example 2: Question = "ALL", Question Group = "CA"
The question can be added to the group. Even though the Question Group can only be used for "CA", the question can be used in any state, which includes "CA".
Example 3: Question = "CA", Question Group = "ALL"
The question can NOT be added to the group. In this case, the Question Group is less restrictive than the Question Group. Since the Question Group can be used in states outside of "CA", the question can not be included, since it would then appear in audits for states where it's not relevant.
|Both "Draft" and "Published" questions can be added to a Question Group, but only "Published" questions will appear in audits when the Question Group is used.|
Only Managers and Administrators on the account can create custom questions. The following permissions apply:
- LO Administrators: Can create/edit Question Groups for any state in which the business has a location.
- LO Managers: Can create/edit Question Groups for any state in which the business has a location AND they are added.
- AC Administrators/AC Auditors: Can create/edit Question Groups for any state listed in the “My Markets“ company setting.
Please sign in to leave a comment.