Simplifya's DOCUMENTS module enables you to share documents with users on a per-document basis. So basically, if you don't give users access to the document, they won't be able to see it. Though there is a little more to it than that.
To skip ahead:
- What are the different document permissions?
- Where to set document permissions
- Do Managers have different access than Employees?
What are the different document permissions?
Users can be assigned any of the three following three user permissions:
- Read: A user is able to see the document (including the document details). The user can also view the document in their browser via the "View Document" anchor text, though if the document has a password they'll be required to enter it.
- Download: A user is able to download the document, though they'll be required to enter a password if the document has one. If a user is given "Download" permissions, they automatically have the "Read" permission.
- Delete: A user is able to delete the document. If a user is given "Delete" permissions, they automatically have the "Read" permission.
Note: At first, only the Administrator can assign document permissions to other users. In order for other users to be able to add/remove permissions, they need to have the "Grant" permission.
Where do I set document permissions?
Document permissions are set within the document permissions pane. To add a user, click the "Add another user" anchor text and select that user's name from the dropdown. Select one or more permission that you want the user to have ("Read", "Download", "Delete"), and then click "Update Permissions".
That document will now be visible to that user within their DOCUMENTS module.
Note: The "permissions" pane is only visible to users with the "Grant" permission.
Do Managers have different access than Employees?
The short answer to that is mostly no. But the long answer is it depends on who is uploading the document:
- If a document is being uploaded by the Administrator, the Administrator needs to grant other users permissions to be able to see the document (including Managers).
- If a document is uploaded by a Manager, all other Managers at their locations can see the document (any Employees need to be specifically given permission).
- If a document is uploaded by an Employee, any Managers at that Employee's locations (and the Administrator) will be able to see that document.
Keep reading: What is the "Grant" user permission?