Note: This feature currently only pertains to Simplifya users in Colorado. As of July 2019, we do not have any Metrc features available to clients outside of Colorado, but will enable the Metrc API Key in other states as we release Metrc features for those states.
To add your company's unique Metrc API key:
- Have your Metrc Administrator log into your company's Metrc account and copy your Metrc API Key
- An Administrator on your Simplifya account will then need to log in and visit the Settings module
- On the "Basic Info" tab, click the green "+" button. A modal will open.
- Select the state where the Metrc API key is valid.
- Paste the key into the "METRC Key" field.
- Click the "Add METRC Key" button.
To date, all API keys for Metrc are unique 48-character combinations, and we make a basic call to Metrc to verify you have a working API key. If the key pasted does not work, please verify you copied and pasted the entirety of the key or double-check with your Metrc Administrator that you have the right key.
Simplifya is able to provide these features because it is a validated integrator of the Metrc API. To be a validated integrator, you must participate in Metrc training, pass a quiz, and complete a technical assessment in a sandbox environment. You can verify Simplifya's status as a validated integrator by downloading the current list from Metrc.